- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Serves 8-10
This traditional English punch is the perfect drink for a large holiday party. Float sliced pieces of fruit on the top of the punch to garnish.
- 4 pints water
- 1 pound sugar
- juice and rinds of three lemons
- 1 bottle rum
- 1 bottle ruby port
- grated nutmeg to garnish
- 1 sliced apple to garnish
- 1 sliced orange to garnish
- In a large saucepan, boil the water, sugar and lemon rinds.
- Cool the sugar mixture and then strain.
- Pour the rum, port and lemon juice into a punch bowl and then mix in the sugar mixture.
- Garnish the top of the punch with fruit and sprinkle with nutmeg.