- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
The Mai Tai cocktail did for rum what the Martini did for gin; it gave the sprit the credit it deserved in a delicious cocktail that highlighted its best qualities.
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce gold rum or dark, aged rum
- 1/2 ounce curaçao
- 1/2 ounce orgeat syrup
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- Pineapple chunk, cherry and mint sprig to garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the garnishes, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the pineapple chunk, cherry and mint sprig, and then serve immediately.