- Prep: 4 hr 25 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr 15 min
- Total: 6 hr 40 min
- Serving: 16
Torta Di Ricotta is an Italian cheesecake.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed almond macaroons
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large lemon
- 2, 15 ounce containers ricotta cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon almond flavor liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup almonds, blanched, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In 10 inch springform, with hand, mix almond macaroons and butter; press into bottom of pan. Bake crust 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire rack.
- From lemon, grate 1 tablespoon peel and squeeze enough juice to make 3 tablespoons; set aside.
- Into large bowl, press ricotta through fine sieve. With mixer at low speed, beat ricotta until smooth and creamy. Beat in lemon peel and juice, eggs and remaining ingredients except almonds. Continue beating until mixture is well blended, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Pour ricotta mixture over crust in pan; sprinkle with almonds. Bake 1 hour. Turn oven off; let cheesecake remain in oven one hour. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool in pan on wire rack. Remove side of pan. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or until chilled.