- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
Cheese and onion topped corn bread recipe.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package corn bread or corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Cook the onion in the butter until tender.
- Prepare the mix according to the directions and spread the batter in a greased 10x6 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the batter and top with the onion-butter mixture. Sprinkle the celery seed on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.