- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A great way to enjoy fresh sun-ripened tomatoes in the summer, this side dish works well with grilled meats and chicken.
- 2-1/2 cups whole cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cut the tomatoes in half and set aside.
- Place the olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion, garlic and thyme, and cook the mixture for 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Stir in the tomatoes and sprinkle the mixture with some salt and pepper. Sauté the mixture for 2 minutes and then remove from heat and add the mozzarella cheese.
- Stir to combine then serve the tomatoes hot.