- Prep: 18 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 18 min
- Serving: Makes about 4-1/2 cups
This robust and raw sauce epitomizes the authentic flavors of the Mediterranean. Serve over fresh pasta and enjoy with a glass of merlot for the perfect meal.
- 1-1/2 pounds plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup diced fresh part-skim mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons chopped Greek Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, vinegar, oil and garlic.
- Sprinkle in the basil, marjoram, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Cover the bowl and allow the tomato mixture to sit, at room temperature, for 15 minutes until the flavors infuse.