- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
The "Tomato Rich Soup" is one of my favorite recipes that I have on daily basis since my childhood. My mom used to prepare it for all of us in those days. When I was 16 years old, my sister and I prepared it and it was so delicious in the first go that even we were unable to believe it to be our preparation. You all will definitely love it as its Mums Recipe.
- 400 g finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup de-husked green-gram (yellow in color)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon corn flour or plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (or as per your taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or as per your taste)
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup toasted or fried breadcrumbs
- Until cooked, boil the finely chopped tomatoes with the de-husked green gram in 3 & 1/2 cups of water.
- Let it cool for sometime and then blend it.
- Place the frying pan on medium flame and put butter into it.
- Add the finely chopped onions in the pan and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the blended mixture into it.
- Take a small quantity of water and mix corn flour in it to make a smooth mixture.
- Pour the above mixture into the soup and boil it for 2 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- Now add salt (to taste), pepper (to taste), milk and sugar (1 to 2 tsp) to it. Mix well.
- Serve hot with cream and toasted (or fried) breadcrumbs.