- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These delicious sandwiches are a heavenly blend of sweet tomatoes, salty prosciutto and creamy gruyere cheese. A perfect snack to nibble on while enjoying a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
- 4 1-inch-thick slices of white bread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sut in half
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 beefsteak tomato, peeled and thinly sliced
- Sea salt
- 1/2 pound Gruyère cheese, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sweet paprika
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the bread on a baking sheet, brush both sides with olive oil and then place in the oven for about 12 minutes to toast, turning once halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove the bread from the oven and prepare the oven broiler.
- Rub each slice with the cut side of a piece of garlic and then sprinkle with the wine. Top with the prosciutto, tomato, a sprinkle of sea salt and then the cheese.
- Place the slices under the broiler for 3 minutes and then remove and sprinkle with fresh black pepper and paprika before serving.