- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A wonderful medley of sweet, savory and spicy flavors will make this delicious risotto a new dinner side dish staple in your household.
- 1 cup Arborio rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces of crumbled Chorizo sausage
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and freshly ground peppers
- Combine the tomatoes and the hot chicken broth in a bowl, stir to combine and then set aside.
- Place the olive oil into a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the Chorizo sausage and the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the rice to the pan, stir well to coat with the oil mixture and then slowly pour in the wine and cook until completely evaporated. Stir in the tomato and broth mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, waiting for the liquid to completely absorb after each addition.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the butter, parmesan and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Stir well to combine and then serve hot.