- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A wonderfully fresh and light salad ideal served on a warm summer night with chunks of country bread and a chilled bottle of white Italian wine.
- 1 can large black pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls, cut in half
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette dressing, preferably olive oil and vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped or torn fresh basil leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the olives and the mozzarella in a sieve and drain for 10 minutes to remove excess moisture then place in a salad bowl along with the tomatoes; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle in the basil and then top the salad with the vinaigrette. Add a few pinches of salt and freshly ground black pepper, gently toss to combine and then serve immediately.