- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 28 min
- Total: 38 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The earthy taste of fresh mushrooms is combined with an aromatic tomato and wine mixture to create this satisfying and flavorful soup dish.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Place the butter into a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the onion and the garlic and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook the mixture for 2 additional minutes before pouring in the broth, water, red wine and tomato paste. Simmer the mixture for 20 minutes and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve topped with the freshly grated Parmesan and the parsley.