- Prep: 12 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 12 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This tomato and ginger relish recipe calls for ponzu, a citrus-based sauce made with rice wine and vinegar with a slightly tart flavor and light yellow color. It is commonly used in Japanese cooking and frequently blended with soy sauce.
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded & diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ponzu
- 1/4 cup cilantro, gently chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, gently chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, gently chopped
- salt & white pepper for seasoning
- Place the tomatoes and the ginger into a bowl and toss to combine. Add the lime juice, red onion and the ponzu, and stir well until the ingredients are mixed.
- Add the cilantro, basil and mint to the bowl, along with a few pinches of salt and pepper, toss to combine and then cover and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to blend.