- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This cool and spicy side salad sprinkled with cumin salt pairs wonderfully with grilled meat, chicken and fish.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 2-1/4 pounds tomatoes, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the cumin seeds into a small skillet and toast over medium-high heat for 30 seconds until fragrant, then transfer to a spice grinder with the salt and grind the mixture until it forms a powder.
- Put the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, oil and lemon juice into a bowl and top with 2 teaspoons of the cumin salt. Gently toss to combine and serve.