- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 20 min
- Total: 1 hr 35 min
- Serving: Serves 6
A delicious Italian-inspired snack or lunch dish made with fresh herbs, crusty bread and sweet tomatoes, all drizzled with honey. Use good quality honey and take the flavors of this sandwich to a whole new level.
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons good quality honey
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 baguette slices, cut 1/2 inch thick on the bias
- 1 cup fresh ricotta (8 ounces)
- 6 basil leaves, thinly sliced or torn
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a baking pan with wax or parchment paper.
- Place the tomatoes with the olive oil, 2 tablespoons honey, thyme leaves, salt and pepper in a large bowl and toss to coat.
- Put the tomatoes onto the baking sheet cut side up, and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Ready the oven broiler.
- Place the baguette slices on the baking pan and broil for about 30 seconds until lightly toasted. Spread a thick layer of ricotta over a slice and then top with the tomatoes, some basil and a drizzle of the leftover 1 tablespoon of honey.