- Prep: 4 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 4 hr 30 min
- Serving: 6
A classic favorite, Tomato Aspic Salad is elegantly garnished with carrot strips, celery curls and a touch of mayonnaise.
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 slice onion
- 1 whole clove
- bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons mild vinegar
- mayonnaise, carrot strips and celery curls for garnishing
- Combine first 5 ingredients in saucepan. Cook for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Soften gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water in small bowl for 5 minutes. Add softened gelatin, sugar, paprika and vinegar to tomato mixture. Stir until gelatin dissolves and strain.
- Rinse salad mold with cold water. Pour in tomato mixture. Chill until firm. Garnish with mayonnaise, carrot strips and celery curls.