- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 18 Servings
Serve this hot and gooey dip made with tomatoes, cheddar and cream cheese immediately with a bag of tortilla chips and a few bottles of ice-cold Mexican beer garnished with wedges of lime.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 14-1/2-ounce can stewed tomatoes, drained and cut up
- 1 4-1/2-ounce can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 6 ounces low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- Place the onion, garlic, and water in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook the mixture for 3 minutes and then stir in the tomatoes, chiles, chili powder, and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and then add the cheddar and cream cheese. Stir thoroughly until the mixture is hot and the cheese has completely melted, and then transfer to a bowl. Serve immediately.