- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 4
Growing up in a family of farmers, field-fresh tomatoes were never far from the kitchen when in season.
- 2 pounds vine-ripe tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Core tomatoes and cut into Â¼ inch thick slices.
- Cut whole onion into Â¼ inch thick slices, separate into rings.
- Layer tomatoes and onions on a large plate.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and season to taste.