- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This in an excellent dish for a light luncheon with friends, enjoyed with a white wine spritzer.
- 9-inch prepared pie crust
- 1 beaten egg yolk
- 1 pound tomatoes
- 6 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 grinds of fresh black pepper
- Brush the prepared pie crust with the beaten egg yolk and then refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes, core and quarter them.
- In a large bowl, mix the goat cheese, cream and milk together until well blended and then add the eggs, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper and mix until smooth.
- Place 3/4 of the tomatoes quarters in the prepared pie crust in a design resembling the spokes of a wheel, filling in any gaps with the rest of the tomatoes.
- Spread the cheese mixture on top of the tomatoes and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.