- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
You can find ginger wine at a well-stocked liquor store or online. Its amazing flavor adds wonderful depth to this hot soup recipe.
- 3 cups chicken broth or beef broth
- 2 cups peeled plum tomatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 large onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup ginger wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups cream
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Place the stock, tomatoes, tomato purée, and onions into a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook the mixture for 1 minute and then carefully transfer the hot mixture to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Place the butter into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the flour and cook, whisking continuously, for 1 minute. Slowly add the soup mixture, while continuing to whisk, and then pour in the wine and lemon juice. Cook the soup for 5 minutes and then stir in the cream and serve.