- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Cut down on obsolete carbs by getting rid of the sliced bread in this tomato and egg salad recipe. Perfect for a light brunch, serve with a glass of Chardonnay.
- 6 eggs
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 1/3 of a seedless cucumber, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the eggs in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to a rolling boil. After about 1 minute, remove the pan from the heat, cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the tomatoes in half, lengthwise.
- Chop the eggs and place into a bowl with the cucumber, onion, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Place the watercress onto 4 plates, add 3 tomato halves to each plate and then top each halve with the egg salad. Serve immediately.