- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This colorful Mediterranean-inspired salad combines chickpeas (otherwise known as garbanzo beans) with a mix of red and yellow ripe cherry tomatoes.
- 1 pint red cherry tomatoes, rinsed and cut in half
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, rinsed and cut in half
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, mint, parsley, hot sauce, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add the tomatoes and chickpeas to the bowl, toss to coat, and then set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste, toss and then serve.