- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 26 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The sweet and acidic taste of tomatoes blends beautifully with balsamic vinegar in this Italian-inspired rice dish.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 14. 5 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon good-quality balsamic vinegar
- Place the water, rice and the salt into a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for about 16 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Add the tomatoes, peas and vinegar and stir to combine. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.