- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
Classic Italian flavors come together beautifully in Tomato Alfredo with Sausage
- 1 1/2 pounds mild Italian sausage links
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2, 14 ounce cans Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1, 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 16 ounce package mostaccioli, uncooked
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove casing from sausage. Cut sausages crosswise into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook in large skillet over medium heat for 8 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking 2 minutes. Drain, if necessary.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, tomato sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is cooking, prepare mosticcioli according to package directions. Drain
- Remove skillet from heat. Gradually stir whipping cream into sausage mixture. Serve over hot mostaccioli. Sprinkle with Parmesan.