- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 1 9-inch pie
A sweet and easy substitute for America’s favorite cookies, and most importantly, kid approved!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 6 ounce package of chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Serve with dollop of whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the eggs until light and fluffy, in a large bowl.
- Add in the flour, sugar and brown sugar and continue beating until ingredients are well mixed.
- Blend in the melted butter and then fold in the chocolate chip morsels and the nuts if using.
- Pour mixture into the pie shell and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Let pie sit for at least 15 minutes before serving warm. Garnish with dollop of whipped cream.