- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Total: 29 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Vegetarian meals have never tasted so good; enjoy sautéed tofu with a delicious tomato and mushroom sauce.
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, preferably water-packed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 1-1/2 cup)
- 1-1/2 cups sliced mushrooms (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Rinse off the tofu, pat dry and then slice, crosswise, into slices. Crumble each slice into smaller pieces and then place in a large sauté pan, in a single layer, over high heat.
- Cook the tofu for 4 minutes and then stir and cook for 7 additional minutes until all sides have browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the mushrooms and cook the mixture for 3 minutes. Take the pan off the heat and add the pesto and the feta. Stir until combined and serve immediately.