- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Change-up your everyday lunch menu with this creamy tofu salad sandwich served on toasted multi-grain bread and topped with alfalfa sprouts. Serve with a dill pickle and some salt and vinegar chips.
- 1 12-ounce package firm silken tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, optional
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 slices of whole wheat or multi-grain sandwich bread, toasted
- 3/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Drain the tofu well and then wrap in paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Place the tofu into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, snipped chives, chopped celery, Dijon mustard, turmeric and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and then stir the mixture well to combine.
- Evenly divide the tofu salad between 4 slices of bread and then top with the alfalfa sprouts. Close the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices and then serve immediately.