- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 24
The sweet and salty confection you remember from childhood. Be sure to use real butter, not margarine.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped blanched almonds, toasted
- 4 4-1/2-ounce bars milk chocolate, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped blanched almonds, toasted
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, to 300F on candy thermometer.
- Quickly add coarsely chopped nuts; spread in well-greased 13" x 9" inch pan. Cool thoroughly.
- Turn out on waxed paper; spread top with half the melted chocolate and sprinkle with half of the finely chopped nuts.
- Cover with waxed paper and flip over. Spread with remaining chocolate.
- Sprinkle top with rest of nuts. Chill to firm chocolate and break into pieces.