- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A textured dressing made from a blend of toasted walnuts, shallots, fresh lemon juice and thyme; drizzle this delicious sauce over your favorite rice salad, vegetable medley or pasta.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 small shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the walnuts onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for 15 minutes until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- Transfer the toasted nuts to a food processor along with the shallot, thyme, lemon juice, lemon zest and the olive oil. Process the mixture until somewhat smooth, yet still textured, and then season with salt and pepper.