- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This Asian-inspired vinaigrette is made with a blend of toasted Sichuan peppercorns, tamari, fresh ginger and orange juice.
- 1-1⁄2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon chile oil
- 1 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- Put the ginger, tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, orange juice and chile oil into a small bowl and whisk vigorously to blend.
- Place a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the peppercorns and cook, agitating the pan constantly, for 1 minute until toasted. Transfer the peppercorns to a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder, and crush into a powder.
- Sprinkle the peppercorn powder into the ginger mixture and whisk to combine. Serve immediately.