- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Marinade for 4 steaks
Toasted sesame seeds give this spicy, ginger and soy sauce-based marinade a slightly nutty and aromatic flavor.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 inch piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sake
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- green onion
- Toast the sesame seeds by placing them into a small sauté pan over medium heat and cooking until they begin to brown and pop.
- Transfer the seeds to a blender and then add the soy sauces, garlic, ginger, sake, sugar and green onion. Process the mixture until smooth and then transfer to a large Ziploc bag with the steak. Seal the bag and then massage so steaks get coated with the marinade.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour prior to cooking.