- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Sweet sautéed yellow pepper is combined with lightly toasted pine nuts and creamy butter to create this decadent sauce. Toss with your favorite choice of vegetables or spoon over baked chicken or fish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, coarsely shredded
- 6 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Put the pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat and toast until just fragrant. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter into a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once melted, add the shredded sweet pepper and sauté for 6 minutes; set aside.
- Put 6 tablespoons of butter into a food processor along with the pine nuts. Process the mixture until smooth and then add the sautéed sweet pepper, the lemon juice and the salt and pepper. Puree the mixture until combined and then serve immediately.