- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Toasted hazelnuts are combined with a fresh blend of parsley, chives, tarragon and chervil, and then blended with chopped capers and anchovy for this fresh and tangy salsa. Enjoy slathered over fresh bread or spooned over grilled meats and poultry.
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- 2 teaspoons minced tarragon
- 1 teaspoon minced chervil
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped rinsed capers
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the hazelnuts on a pie plate and toast in the oven until their skins are blistered. Remove the nuts from the oven and place on a clean towel. Rub the hazelnuts vigorously to remove their skins and then coarsely chop with a sharp knife.
- Put the chopped hazelnuts into a bowl and then add the parsley, chives, tarragon, chervil, anchovies, capers, shallot, vinegar, olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Stir the mixture well to combine and then serve immediately.