- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Total: 11 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
An extremely light and creamy sauce that adds buttery and nutty flavor to pasta, this modernized pesto sauce is ideal tossed with warm linguine and spaghetti.
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 handful basil leaves, about 1 cup packed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pound pasta, long or short
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a small sauté pan and sauté the almonds for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- With the motor running, drop the garlic down the processor feed tube and finely chop. Add the toasted almonds, basil, water, and the remaining oil and process until the mixture is smooth. Add the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and a few pinches of salt and pepper and pulse the mixture until combined.