- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 6
An English classic, Toad in the Hole is great for brunch.
- 1 pound fresh sausage links
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- With fork, prick sausages in several places, then place in greased 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Bake 15 minutes or until well browned, turning once during baking.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, blend the remaining ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
- When sausages are browned, pour off all but 1/4 cup fat. Pour batter into pan, return to oven and bake 25 minutes or until crust is brown and puffy.