- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 10
A light but tasty dessert.
- 5 cups strong cold espresso coffee
- 32 Savoiardi (Italian ladyfingers)
- 5 egg yolks
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pour the cold coffee into a large pie plate, dip sixteen of the ladyfingers very quickly into the coffee, and line the bottom of a 12 x 9 x 2 inch oval dish with ladyfingers.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until frothy; add the mascarpone and Marsala, and blend until smooth.
- In another bowl, whisk the cream until stiff and fold into mascarpone mixture until well blended and smooth. Using a large pastry bag, pipe about half of the mixture over the ladyfingers.
- Dip the remaining ladyfingers quickly into the coffee, arrange another layer of ladyfingers over the cheese mixture, and pipe the remaining mixture over the ladyfingers in an attractive design.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle the cocoa powder through a fine sieve over the entire surface of the tiramisu. Spoon portions onto individual dessert plates.