- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A decadent blend of smooth and creamy butter with lightly toasted almonds is spooned over pan fried tilapia fillets for a light and elegant dinner dish.
- 3 cups snow pea pods, trimmed
- 4 5-ounce fresh skinless tilapia fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Place the pea pods in a large saucepan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and divide the peas between 4 serving plates.
- In the meantime, sprinkle the fish fillets on both sides with salt, pepper and flour.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat, and add the fish fillets once the oil begins to shimmer.
- Fry the fish for 4 minutes and then flip, and cook for an additional 3 minutes on the other side.
- Transfer the fish to the prepared plates and place on top of the peas.
- Place the butter in the same skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the almonds and stir while cooking for 1 minute.
- Spoon the butter mixture over the fish fillets and serve immediately.