- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
This recipe gets its name from the three different kinds of peas that are used in this salad: sugar snap peas, snow peas and petite peas.
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen petite peas, thawed
- 6 cups (8 ounces) pea shoots or bean spouts
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Once boiling, add the sugar snap peas, cook for 2 minutes, and then add the snow peas and the petite peas. Cook the mixture for 1 additional minute and then drain and rinse under cold water to stop the peas from cooking any further.
- Place the sesame oil, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and toasted sesame seeds into a bowl and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Pat the peas dry and then place into a shallow bowl. Add the pea shoots, followed by the prepared dressing, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.