- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
This is a homemade version for a healthy granola.
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1-1/3 cups bran flakes
- 1/2 cup oil fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In medium bowl, combine the puffed rice, bran flakes, oats, raisins and wheat germ.
- In small bowl, stir togethr the apple juice and honey.
- Pour over the puffed rice mixture and toss until moistened.
- Spray a 15 by 10 inch baking pan with non stick spray.
- Spread the puffed rice mixture in the pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Stir mixture twice during baking.
- Transfer the granola to a container and cover loosely.
- Store at room temperature util ready to serve.