- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 4 cups
Don’t just use this recipe for guacamole as a dip for tortillas; slather it on your favorite sandwich, pita or even salad.
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium (1 cup) onions, chopped
- 2 medium (1 cup) tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño chile pepper
- Put the avocado in a medium-sized bowl and mash with a fork until creamy but with some texture.
- Add the cilantro, onions, tomatoes, chiles, lime juice, salt and chile pepper, and stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.