- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
The origin of the sling, first made with gin, dates back to the beginning of the 19th century, and is said to have been created in 1800.
- 2 ounces spirit of your choice
- 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 ounce of water, still or charged
- Pre-chill a tall cocktail glass by placing it into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Put a cube of ice into the chilled glass and then add the spirit, water and the sugar. Stir the cocktail until the sugar has dissolved and then garnish with some fresh nutmeg.