- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Recipe and image credit: Houseboat Eats
Rhubarb has a unique flavor that could be described as a bit sour and bitter. As a result, it can be used as a substitute for citrus in your favorite cocktails.
- 1 small stalk fresh rhubarb
- 2 ounces gin
- 1-1/2 ounces rhubarb syrup
- 1/2 Aperol
- 1 dash Orange Bitters
- thinly sliced twist of rhubarb stalk to garnish
- Put the rhubarb stalk into a cocktail shaker and muddle well.
- Place the rest of the ingredients, except for the garnish, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Stir the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with a thinly sliced twist of rhubarb stalk, and then serve immediately.