- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Since the mojito became popular it has been served in so many different, and usually incorrect, ways. Try this recipe for an authentic Mojito.
- 3 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1-1/2 ounces club soda, chilled
- Place 2 sprigs of mint, the lime juice and the simple syrup into a cocktail shaker. Lightly press on the mint with the back of a wooden spoon but do not crush. The mint’s natural oils will be released.
- Pour in the rum and add a handful of ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for about 20 seconds and then strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Top the cocktail with club soda and then garnish with the remaining sprig of mint.