- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 8 servings
A true classic, this original cobb salad recipe is perfect alone or as a start to a meal. Salty and crunchy bacon, creamy, tangy cheese and crisp, cool greens are a perfect combination.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled, chopped
- 10 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 8 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 4 tomatoes, halved, seeded, chopped
- 10 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, whisk mustard with vinegar, Worcestershire, garlic, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk and slowly drizzle oil into mixture, mixing until emulsified.
- Arrange lettuce in a large bowl and top with eggs, bacon, chicken, avocados, tomatoes and cheese. Serve dressing on the side or drizzle overtop and gently mix.