- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
A famous cocktail served at the LA restaurant the Tar Pit; this tropical drink is both fun and delicious,
- 2-1/2 ounces aged white Martinique rum
- 1/2 ounce 151-proof Lemon Hart Demerara rum
- 1/2 ounce green Chartreuse
- 1-1/2 ounces ginger beer
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 ounce Demerara simple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon Cholula Mexican hot sauce
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- Crushed ice
- 1 piece candied ginger, for garnish
- 1 lime wedge, for garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the ice and garnishes, into a tall cocktail glass.
- Add enough crushed ice to fill the glass halfway to the top and then blend the mixture with a long spoon.
- Add additional ice to the mixture and stir once more.
- Add the piece of candied ginger and lime wedge to the rim of the cocktail to garnish.