- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Many rye-based cocktails are made from old recipes dating back to the years prior to Prohibition. For a modern take on the classic spirit, try this contemporary recipe instead.
- 4 torn basil leaves
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey syrup (equal parts local honey and water)
- 2 dashes Baked Apple Bitters
- lemon peel twist to garnish
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the lemon twist, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the lemon zest twist and then serve immediately.