- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This gin-based cocktail works well as an apéritif as it is not sweet and thus prepares the tongue for new tastes and flavors. Serve with a few pungent cheeses, like Fontina, prior to your meal.
- 1-1/2 ounces dry gin
- 3/4 ounce dry Vermouth
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice
- 1 barspoon Maraschino liqueur
- 2 pineapple chunks
- Lemon twist to garnish
- Place the pineapple chunks in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle to release their juices.
- Put all of the ingredients, except for the lemon twist, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the lemon twist and then serve immediately.