- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Although the name may suggest otherwise, this cocktail does not contain or let alone even taste like coffee; instead it is made with a blend of Cognac, port, egg and sugar, and serves as a delicious post-dinner coffee substitute.
- 1 whole egg
- 1 ounce Cognac
- 2 ounces ruby or late-bottled vintage port
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- freshly grated nutmeg to garnish
- Place the egg, Cognac, port and sugar into a cocktail shaker and then fill with ice.
- Shake the mixture vigorously for at least 50 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the freshly grated nutmeg and serve immediately.