- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 15 min
- Serving: 1 loaf
Sage bread for a bread machine.
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons margarine or butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspons dried sage, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- Select the directions for a 1 1/2 pound loaf.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and cook the onions. Allow to cool.
- Add along with the remaining ingredients to the machine, per the instructions.
- Select the basic white bread cycle.