- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Liven-up boring chicken breast by serving it with this creamy Thai spicy peanut sauce and topping with fresh chopped cilantro. Accompany this dish with a chilled bottle of Riesling wine and you have a wonderfully simple and delicious meal.
- 4 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 1-inch slices ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, preferably Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
- Place the chicken, broth, ginger and garlic into a deep sauté pan over medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove and discard any accumulated foam.
- Transfer the poached chicken to a serving bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Boil the broth mixture until reduced to approximately 2/3 cup and then remove the ginger and the garlic and put into a blender. Strain the broth and place in the blender along with the peanut butter, lime juice, sugar, hot sauce and fish sauce. Process the mixture until smooth and then season with salt to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the prepared chicken and then top with the chopped cilantro. Serve immediately alone or over steamed rice.