- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 8
You'll taste the Thai flavors in this dish.
- 1/2 tbsp. Oil, olive (.35 oz)
- 1 fluid ounce Lime, juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce Lemon grass, finely minced
- 1/2 tbsp. Ginger, finely minced (.25 oz)
- 1/2 tsp. Red Curry Paste
- 8 ounces Chicken, breast, thinly sliced, strips
- 3/4 qt. Stock, chicken
- 2 lbs. Mashed Potatoes, seasoned
- 1 ounce Peanut Butter, reduced fat, chunky
- 3/4 cup carrots and peas
- 1 ounce Onions, green, thinly sliced
- Whisk together the oil, lime juice, lemon grass, ginger and curry paste in a small bowl.
- Coat the chicken breast strips with the mixture, cover and refrigerate to marinade for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat a large stock pot; add the chicken with marinade and cook quickly until heated through.
- Add the stock and Mashed Potatoes to the cooked chicken bring the chowder slowly to a boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir the peanut butter into the chowder until melted and incorporated.
- Just before serving, remove from the heat and stir in the carrots and peas and green onions.